PDA

View Full Version : Elements of stair!

jamal432585604
2012-11-02, 10:03 PM
Elements of stair!

Could you please indicate me where I can find a “figure” that explains what is meant by each element of the stair. I couldn’t figure out what these “expressions” means!

Unfortunately, the “Preview” button is off and thus it is hard to see the effect of each element of the drawing

Thank you for the help

Best

Jamal

Alfredo Medina
2012-11-03, 01:36 PM
Some useful resources:

Architectural Graphics Standards, Wiley
Building Construction Illustrated, Ching
A Visual Dictionary of Architecture, Ching
Google image search
Stair parts glossary (http://austinstairs.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=60&Itemid=62)

jamal432585604
2012-11-04, 06:21 PM
many thanks for the help,

what i meant is to have a reference quite linked to revit but not general ones! i need to see elements of the properties table of Revit on a graph.

best

Jamal

Mike L Sealander
2012-11-04, 11:11 PM
"Riser" is the part of the stair that you might kick as you are walking up the stair. It is a vertical element. "Tread" is the part of the stair that you walk on. It is a horizontal element. When you view a stair in section, you see a series of horizontal treads connected by vertical risers. "Stringers" are another word for Supports. Stairs usually have two stringers, one on the left and one on the right. Some stairs also have a support in the middle. Revit calls this a Carriage.