PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Absolutely cannot get cut/fill numbers to report

patricks
2012-11-07, 06:21 PM
I'm just coming onto a project where I need to show one area of the site as graded. The project file already has a large toposurface, with a smaller area split out from the original (smaller surface completely surrounded by the larger surface). Both surfaces are set to be Demolished on the New phase. When I try to create a Graded Region of that smaller area, the new surface will not report any cut/fill data.

I tried copying the surface over to the right, and creating the graded region there. At that point the cut/fill data shows up. But as soon as I move both surfaces back in place, the cut/fill data disappears.

I can Ctrl-X cut the existing surface to the clip board, and paste same place, which makes the new surface show cut/fill even though the existing surface is no longer there. But if I Ctrl-C copy the surface to the clipboard and then paste same place to create a new surface on top of the existing, once again no cut/fill data.

I even tried copying the surface to the right, creating the graded region, and then "inching" both surfaces back into position, a few hundred feet at a time. The new surface retained the cut/fill data over the newly-copied existing surface UNTIL they both got entirely inside the perimeter of the larger surrounding surface. At that point the graded region lost its cut/fill data.

What is going on here??