PDA

View Full Version : Binding Revit Links

hworrell
2012-11-07, 10:12 PM
We have inherited a couple of revit models from a different firm. To get them to our standards and into our model based on our template file, I linked the file in and attempted to bind it. No workie. (Can not bind link was the error)

I then made a group of all the objects in the Revit project and then tried to coy that into our revit model. No workie. (No error message, just wouldn't copy in)

I then saved out the group from the the other Revit project and tried to insert that group from the saved group file. No workie (again, no error message, just wouldn't bring it in)

Anyone out there have a list of items that I can check to see if they are the cause of my woe? Like... deleted all in-place families, get rid of all edited profiiles, etc.

Thanks!
Heather Worrell
RATIO Architects

cliff collins
2012-11-08, 02:16 PM
Could be a low-memory issue--how large is the project you are trying to Group-Link and/or Bind? How much RAM do you have on the machine?

Do a test--copy out a small portion from the inherited project into a new project, and see if you can Bind it in or Group/Link out.