PDA

View Full Version : "Cannot open local and central model in same session"

patricks
2012-11-08, 03:10 PM
Just a moment ago I used Insert Views From File to bring in a schedule from another project. I chose the project, and chose the schedule from the view list. Shortly after that, I tried to open that other project to copy/paste some stuff to my current project. For some reason Revit thought that other project's central file was still open, and gave me the message that the local and central file could not be open in the same Revit session.

Is there any fix for this other than closing out of Revit completely and reopening?

tekcon13
2014-06-13, 11:54 AM
Just a moment ago I used Insert Views From File to bring in a schedule from another project. I chose the project, and chose the schedule from the view list. Shortly after that, I tried to open that other project to copy/paste some stuff to my current project. For some reason Revit thought that other project's central file was still open, and gave me the message that the local and central file could not be open in the same Revit session.

Rinse and repeat. Revit 2014.

Is there any fix for this other than closing out of Revit completely and reopening?

Judging from the overwhelming response... apparently not.

abooth
2015-04-02, 04:04 PM
Open and detach from central. Save back as new central file.

JB27
2023-01-26, 03:32 AM
I had never run across this before, but it happened to me today, under the same circumstances as the O.P. And yeah, still apparently no other fix than closing Revit or detaching. I'm going to post this on the Autodesk forum so at least it's there and someone might see it. Not that they'll do anything about it, but worth a try anyway.