PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Default Viewport Style

jeff.95551
2012-11-13, 09:00 PM
Is there a way to set the default viewport style for views added to a sheet? It's not a big deal to manually switch it afterwards, but there should be a way to set how you want it.

Thanks,

Jeff

glynnis.patterson
2012-11-14, 01:53 AM
If there is, I want to know also. I believe this is hardwired - would love to be proven wrong! To clarify we are talking about the type of Viewport that is used when a View is dropped on a sheet. It seems like there should be a setting under the View Properties like "Viewport Type" or "Default Viewport".

Alex Page
2012-11-14, 09:00 AM
Only way I have done it is by selecting the one it defaults to, editing it and renaming it to the one I want it to default to (if that makes sense)

patricks
2012-11-14, 02:36 PM
Only way I have done it is by selecting the one it defaults to, editing it and renaming it to the one I want it to default to (it that makes sense)

Yep, this is how we have to do it. It's set correctly by default in our template. But on the rare occasion that it's gotten out of whack (and usually end up with lots of duplicate viewport types), I have to just edit whatever it's defaulting to, to have the correct view title and such, and then try to remove the duplicates in the Project Browser or by Purging.