PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Laundry list of questions, what's the best way to ask?

invaderkyle
2012-11-14, 05:16 PM
Hey folks,
I've been picking up Revit recently, and have a laundry list of questions regarding roofs (like how to attack a dormer to 2 separate roofs, or how to attach a roof that can't reach another roof 100%). Would I be displaying bad manners by rolling into AUGI as a new member, and demanding help with 20 technical questions? If not, what's the best way to present my questions?

damon.sidel
2012-11-14, 05:21 PM
As long as you have done your due-diligence in searching the forums and trying to solve your questions yourself before coming here, I think you'll find people quite receptive to helping you. Make sure to ask specific questions and providing plenty of information. That always helps get better answers.

jsteinhauer
2012-11-14, 09:12 PM
Kyle,

I agree with Damon. Please search the forums for keywords before posting a new thread. If none of the results satisfy your questions, feel free to piggy back on a previous thread.

Cheers,
Jeff S.

cdatechguy
2012-11-14, 09:36 PM
Hey folks,
Would I be displaying bad manners by rolling into AUGI as a new member, and demanding help with 20 technical questions? If not, what's the best way to present my questions?
You ask for help....not demand.....as we are all helping you out on our own free time and don't get paid for demands...

rbcameron1
2012-11-15, 03:31 PM
Now that AUGI is fee based......COULD we get paid for providing valuable answers? :) haha