PDA

View Full Version : on off visability per view

Nevine
2005-02-07, 03:08 AM
is it possible to have a door show open in one 3D view and closed in another ? The on/off option seems to be project specific.

Chad Smith
2005-02-07, 03:27 AM
I don't think it can be done without creating multiple door objects within the family and assigning an On/Off parameter to each object.

It would be nice to be able to do this though. Being able to show a 90 degree swing on a plan, but then have it shown as closed on the elevation would be great. But still be able to open it in elevation or close in plan.

So I guess we could have a new family hierarchy:
Type
Instance
View

8-)

Mr Spot
2005-02-07, 03:45 AM
It would be nice to be able to do this though. Being able to show a 90 degree swing on a plan, but then have it shown as closed on the elevation would be great.

You do know this is possible now? Using a detail component to represent in plan and then assign the actually 3D element a different parameter...

As for different in two 3d views, this is not possible as you mentioned, you cannot assign families a per view parameter... I can't imagine this happening either as it would have a huge impact on performance... You could as a half-a**ed work around turn the door off in the view and place a generic model for the panel in the place and have it turned off in one view and turned on in the other...?

Imagine every family or even just some families being able to define parameters for each individual view would be terrible.

Chad Smith
2005-02-07, 03:48 AM
You do know this is possible now?
Yeah, but not without creating another parameter.

aaronrumple
2005-02-07, 03:54 AM
This can be done with the fine/medium/coarse levels of detail. These are view specific.

Nevine
2005-02-09, 03:16 PM
This can be done with the fine/medium/coarse levels of detail. These are view specific.

That would work if I didn't want to see the door at all in one view, but i want one 3D view with the door open and one 3D view with the door closed. I created a door that includes 2 panels, one in open position and one in closed. I can control the views the way I want them - open in plan and closed in elevation by simply assigning the appropriate visibility to the panels for plan and elevation, but the only way so far I can get 2 views of the same type to show different door opening positions, is to toggle them and save the image. It's OK, i was just wondering if there was something I didn't know about. Thanks to all.

sjsl
2005-02-09, 03:59 PM
This is what I really hate about the family editor. It's old technology old methods, all of the new software on the market does this area of typical doors and windows so much easier and more effieciently. Let's make 50 more door types or 30 more parameters.. oh , where was that door that opened 10.5 deg? Please... let's come up with something that we Revit users can be proud of.