PDA

View Full Version : Mouse Movement

narlee
2005-02-07, 04:20 PM
I have two mice (no, not a male and female). One is a basic Logitech Optical Wired mouse that works great in all applications, but is slower and unadjustable in Revit. The other mouse is a new Logitech Optical Wireless mouse that works the same in Revit as it does in other applications. In both cases I have tested them with their current software, so that's not the issue. The Wired mouse movement is tolerable, but it would be a lot better if it worked in Revit as it does in other applications. Any ideas before I contact Logitech? Can't find anything in Revit Help.

Geof Narlee.

barathd
2005-02-07, 04:30 PM
Narlee:

I am using a Logitech MX 1000 Laser (wireless) - works great in Revit - very responsive, all functions work smoothly. It also works very well with Autocad, Sketchup, Photoshop, etc. Have had no problems with it at all. I am also using a MX 500 Optical (wired) it works just the same. Only thing I don't like - my laziness - charging the wireless - but battery charge lasts exceptionally well.

Regards

Wes Macaulay
2005-02-07, 04:31 PM
Download the "Advanced Settings Utility" from support.logitech.com -- Logitech mice change speed when they detect OpenGL apps running (i.e. games). Since Revit uses OpenGL, you get the speed change. When you download this utility, you can set Windows to keep mouse speed consistent.

The link is here (http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/downloads/software/CA/EN,CRID=1792,contentid=8027,OSID=1,softwareid=6819)

narlee
2005-02-07, 04:36 PM
Thanks for the quick reply, guys.

Barathd,
Yeah, I just noticed those laser jobs out ($$$). What I like about them is their not as heavy as the previous wireless mice because their batteries are lithium (same as my meds!!).

Metonia,
Thanks for that link. Will try it out & report back.

Geof Narlee

narlee
2005-02-10, 04:38 PM
metanoia,

Thanks very much. The link worked perfectly!

Geof Narlee.

FK
2005-02-10, 06:53 PM
Tamas had an identical issue - this belongs in tips & tricks. (edit by SD: added to T&T's)

bclarch
2005-02-10, 09:28 PM
Tamas had an identical issue - this belongs in tips & tricks.
...and be moved to hardware perhaps?

Scott D Davis
2005-02-10, 09:39 PM
Moved to hardware forum....