PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Can't add New File to QAT

patricks
2012-12-14, 02:48 PM
I just set up a new user for a new employee on one of our machines, and got Revit 2013 configured. 2013 had already been installed on the machine, just not configured for this user. As I was setting things up, I right-clicked on the QAT and opened Customize, but found that the New File button was not available to show. I know it's usually not included in the QAT by default, but I always like to show it. I have it shown on my machine but honestly can't remember how I did it. Previous versions of Revit with the QAT had check boxes next to tools, and the New button could be activated. But the 2013 QAT customize window doesn't have check boxes. What am I missing?

gbrowne
2012-12-14, 04:13 PM
I pretty much stay clear of the QAT as it caused some random screen issues a while back. Proceed with caution....!

patricks
2012-12-14, 09:18 PM
I don't understand what you mean. I've used the QAT for tons of stuff ever since it was first released with the ribbon. And I've always enabled the New File button in the QAT, but for some reason on this one machine it doesn't appear to let me add it.

dkoch
2012-12-15, 03:48 AM
Instead of right clicking and choosing Customize, have you tried left clicking on the down arrow at the far right end of the QAT? That should give you a list of default items to be included, the first one of which should be the New tool. You can also right click on any ribbon tool and add it to the QAT, but I do not believe that the New tool exists on any of the ribbon tabs (but I could be wrong, not having access to 2013 to verify that).

The customize dialog does not appear to allow you to add a tool, just remove or reorder the tools already there, and add or remove separators.

gbrowne
2012-12-17, 11:02 AM
I know it sounds ridiculous, but when I tried to customise it, my screen went all screwed up. Returned it to normal, screen was fine. It was a while ago, so I'm sure It'll be sorted, but I don't really use it.

MikeJarosz
2012-12-18, 05:58 PM
OK Class. Raise your hand if you know what a QAT is. :confused:

I thought so........

It's a good idea to define acronyms in your writing. I have lately been doing this more and more . I have been using Revit since March 2004 and I honestly did not know what a QAT was, at least by that acronym. I googled it and found quick access toolbar, which, of course, I use every day. My usual style is to write something like quick access toolbar (QAT) when I want to use an acronym.

patricks
2012-12-21, 04:19 PM
I've seen the acronym used enough here on AUGI that I thought everyone knew what it was. :Oops: