PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Filtering, Restricting, Distinguishing Family Type Subcomponents Doors + Windows

Limbatus
2012-12-14, 05:00 PM
I am trying to set up nested Family Type, Leaf and Sash subcomponents into my new Revit Template. Is there a way to distinguish between my generic model sub components so that Leafs do not show up in the Window dropdown, and Window Sashes don't show up in my Door dropdowns? I see the benefit of using this feature for my library, but if I cannot isolate the door from the window components and vice versa, i think that a lot of people in my office will find difficulty with the new system. suggestions?

Mike L Sealander
2012-12-16, 01:04 PM
I am using this method for doors, windows and casework. You may be creating shared component sub-families by mistake. In your generic door leaf family, uncheck the box for Shared.

Limbatus
2012-12-17, 06:26 PM
would i not want these subcomponents shared, so that i can schedule their parameters?

greg.mcdowell
2012-12-17, 08:12 PM
Depending on how you're working you might want them shared. We do but I don't think it's required. Just depends on what you want to do with your families.

As to keeping window models out of doors and vice-versa... change the primary category from Generic Model to Window/Door/etc. You'll likely need to rebuild the host family to get things working again but, once done, you won't see door parts in your windows.