PDA

View Full Version : 2012 wall type doesn't appear as it should/inconsistent

skyeg3206316
2012-12-18, 11:06 PM
The issue is that a wall in my project is not appearing as it should but instead of showing up gray in 3-D view and in the floor plan view with sheet rock on only one side. There are walls in my project of the same wall type that appear correctly. please help!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU4y-ZkZkrE&feature=youtu.be

dlpdi5b
2012-12-19, 04:34 PM
The way i would approach this is to first figure out is the problem with the view or with the wall object?

For two identical items to look different in the same view, an override "by object" was probably applied, or perhaps one wall is in a different phase?

First check the phase of each wall by selecting and looking at the properties of both walls (existing, new, etc.) If that's not it, then select each wall, right click and select "override graphics in view" and then look in each of the three options: by element, by filter, and by object, to see if an override was applied to the bad gray wall. If so, just uncheck the override or restore it to "by category". If that still doesn't fix it, copy the good wall over next to the bad wall. If the copy looks fine, then use it and delete the bad one. If the copy looks bad, try duplicating the view. One of those should fix it. Usually the simplest fix if something doesn't appear correctly is to just use a copy of one that does appear correctly, and delete the bad one.

antman
2012-12-19, 04:48 PM
I don't have audio, so I may have missed something from the video. First, what is the height of the wall? If it is 5'-0" or shorter, you shouldn't see the gyp board at all, just the outer extents (although there are workarounds for this). Is there a wall sweep or something? That material shown on the one side of the wall seems thinner than 1/2".

Aside from that, it does appear to be the same color as the other wall, it's just that it's fully in shadow.

antman
2012-12-19, 04:50 PM
If you turn off shadows and it's still a different color, someone may have painted it. Try the Remove Paint tool?

Dimitri Harvalias
2012-12-19, 07:42 PM
In the properties of the wall it reports an unconnected height of 3'-8" so your section box won't cut through it in the same way it does the taller wall. As Anthony suggested I'm not sure why you are seeing the gyp on one side at at all. Try recreating the view and see if that cleans it up.