PDA

View Full Version : How do you create a new Ceiling Plan

SCShell
2005-02-09, 03:11 PM
Hey there,
The blonde has a question.
I want to create a new Ceiling Plan which shows a different ceiling level which does not have an associated Plan view. I want to be able to have the new ceiling plan have the associated level noted correctly in the view range dialog box.

I have created one by duplicated another ceiling plan, then changing the view range settings; however, the associated level is not correct.
I know that I could create a new floor plan (and level) and then select the option to create associated views. Is this the best method to have Revit create the new "associated" Ceiling Plan? (or, can you duplicate a plan in order to have Revit create the associated plan?)

Your help is appreciated.
(And I still hate that Revit does not shown view range visibility in Ceiling Plans as "visually" simple as it does for horizontal elev/section views.)
Thanks
Steve

sbrown
2005-02-09, 04:15 PM
view>new>ceiling plan, select the level you want.

SCShell
2005-02-10, 01:18 PM
Scott,
Thanks! I knew there was an easy way.
Steve

dmeza
2015-11-19, 06:46 PM
No levels are available for selection on my "New RCP" dialog box. Is there a way to enter or assign levels?

CAtDiva
2015-11-19, 07:18 PM
No levels are available for selection on my "New RCP" dialog box. Is there a way to enter or assign levels?

There's a checkbox in the New RCP dialog "Do not duplicate existing views" ... uncheck that to select any level for your RCP.