PDA

View Full Version : Revolving Door in Curtain Wall

agreven
2005-02-09, 05:20 PM
I've searched around, but haven't been able to find a solution to placing an all glass revolving door in a curtain wall ( or any revolving door for that matter). Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks in advance!

luigi
2005-02-09, 09:36 PM
All I know is that a revolving door to be in a curtain wall starts to defeat the idea of a curtain wall. You will have to be creative in coming up with a solution. there are revolving doors that you can use, and maybe they have been created for a wall, and not a 3d object. But, I think you can create your own revolving door for a curtain wall (which is actually a Curtain Wall Panel), since I have seen a curved curtain wall panel.....but I have never tried to create my own panel before, and don't know if there are some issues for doing such a 3d panel....

Good luck!!!

Peace,

beegee
2005-02-09, 09:57 PM
You could try making the curtain panel where the door is to go a solid panel, ( to the width of the door required ) then convert it to a solid wall type and then place a revolving door in that wall.

luigi
2005-02-09, 10:00 PM
Way to go Beege, you are quite quick to think of a workaround using new 7.0 features.....sounds like it will work perfectly!!!!:-)

Tom Dorner
2005-02-09, 10:49 PM
There is one posted at www.revitcity.com (http://www.revitcity.com) that is made to be inserted as a curtain wall panel. It is under 'doors' 'specialty'

Tom

agreven
2005-02-10, 04:38 PM
Thanks - the one at revcity wasn't working, so I created a wall type for where I wanted the revolver to go - and it went in fine.

thanks for the help.