PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Units in room tags

MikeJarosz
2013-01-03, 03:50 PM
Help! I cannot find what controls decimal units in room tag areas. I want my areas to display as whole numbers such as 150 SF. Instead, I get 150.71. The project units are set to zero decimal places for area. Then I edited the room tag. In the family editor I set the area units to zero decimals. I set the sample value for the label to 150 - Then I loaded the family back into the project, allowed overwrite with parameter values. Nothing changed. I even set the room schedule field format to zero decimals. That worked - but only on the schedule, not on the tags. Where else can I look?

CADastrophe
2013-01-03, 03:55 PM
The format is defined by the Project, not the Tag Family. In your Project, go to Project Units and modify the format of 'Area' to 0 decimal places.

Edit: The above is incorrect - see Alfredo's post #4.

MikeJarosz
2013-01-03, 04:35 PM
Project settings are set to 0 decimals

Alfredo Medina
2013-01-03, 04:35 PM
The format can be defined in the tag family as well. If the units in the project are already set to zero decimals for areas and your tag is still showing decimals, then your label for area in the tag family is not following project settings.

Open the tag family, select the label for area, and see if the units of the label are set to follow the project settings or not. It seems that the label is not following the project settings.

MikeJarosz
2013-01-03, 04:43 PM
Thanks Alfredo. :beer: That was it. Our posts crossed in the blogosphere. [Wasn't blogosphere the mayor of Chicago???}

CADastrophe
2013-01-03, 04:53 PM
Sorry, Mike - That's something I missed! Thank you, Alfredo!

MikeJarosz
2013-01-03, 05:18 PM
Don't feel sorry, I missed it too.

This comes under the Revit category of "tiny little check boxes in the lower left hand corner, three screens into a procedure, that change everything and you can spend all day searching for it!!!!!"

VanillaVu
2013-04-05, 07:47 PM
Thanks! This was very helpful!!!

The format can be defined in the tag family as well. If the units in the project are already set to zero decimals for areas and your tag is still showing decimals, then your label for area in the tag family is not following project settings.

Open the tag family, select the label for area, and see if the units of the label are set to follow the project settings or not. It seems that the label is not following the project settings.