PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Linked file shared coordinates issue

jsteinhauer
2013-01-07, 03:04 PM
Hi All,

I'm sure this has been covered before, but I have already spent over an hour searching AUGI for an answer. In my project I have about eight linked files. Most files are automatically sync'ed every night, so any alterations to the file itself would be overwritten by tomorrow. All linked files are located in my project file via shared coordinates & pinned in place. For the last week or so I've been getting the attached message when I Save to Central. The message pops up three times in a row for the same file, no matter what option I select. I don't want to unload the file because all of the view setting will be lost when I load it back in. Is there anything else I can do to fix this problem?

Please help!!!

Jeff S.

MikeJarosz
2013-01-08, 05:53 PM
Don't know about your big question, but when you reload your link file, if you use the "reload from" on the bottom of the window, you won't loose your settings.

jsteinhauer
2013-01-08, 06:57 PM
Thanks Mike,

I realized this morning why it was popping up three times in a row, first to save to my local, second to save to central, and third to save to local again. I've tried 'Reload from' before, and it didn't work. The only thing i can think of is to copy the file somewhere, point to that new location, and then back again tomorrow. I'm not convinced it will fix this issue. Maybe I should unpin it for a few days.

Anyone else out there willing to weigh in?

Cheers,
Jeff S.