PDA

View Full Version : New Configuration

maurotode
2003-10-31, 11:29 AM
I would buy a new machine for my office and i would any suggestion about my idea:

Chipset: I875pe
CPU: PIV 3.0 G HT
Ram: 1gb 2ch Ddr 400
Gpu: ATI 9800 128Mb
Hd: 120SATA

I would buy this machine at Dell. Did anybody had some experience with this company?
Sorry for my english, I'm italian :wink:

Henry D
2003-10-31, 12:34 PM
To get the best information on hardware, I would go to discussion.autodesk.com - There is a hardware newsgroup listed under general discussion. There seems to be disatisfaction with Dell lately in that newsgroup, but I have never had any problems with Dell computers. However, in my opinion, on higher end computers they are way more expensive than other companies. I bought a similar computer as the one you describe last January for under $1,800 from ZT Group (a relatively unknown company out of New York) - at that time the equivalent computer from Dell was over $3,000. Xi and ABS computers seem to offer pretty good value for performance.

sbrown
2003-10-31, 03:39 PM
If you are on a budget look at Dells Refurbished outlet, We just got 3 2.4 gig xeon processor, 2 gig machines for about $2000 each.

These machines are fully warrantied and for 3 years.

I highly recommend a min. of 2 gig of ram, I'm not kidding either, once you really start producing CDsets of any size you'll want it.

Nickdp
2003-11-01, 11:02 AM
Mauro - questa specificazione per la nuova cuomputer puo andare molto bene. Non te preoccupare per l'inglese - noi tutti parliamo un po' di tutto.

Sorry for my italian - I'm english :wink: