PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Door bumper visibility issue

shannonstandish
2013-01-10, 03:29 PM
We are a very small office and we are trying to do our first project in Revit. I needed a "traffic" door and didn't know how to create one from scratch so I downloaded one from Autodesk Seek that looked like it would work for us. When I use this door it displays properly in the floor plan (1/8" scale) but when I create a callout view (1/4" scale) the door bumpers disappear. I thought it was maybe a scale issue so I created a duplicate view of the floor plan and changed the scale and it continued to display properly. I created another callout view of just the door and again the bumpers disappeared. The door bumpers are part of the door family as a yes/no visibility checkbox and it's checked so that they are visible. I'm assuming it has to be something in the visibility/graphics settings that default from the Callout View template but I can't figure it out. Any ideas??? Like I said earlier, I'm new to this so I haven't played with visibility/graphics settings beyond some basic tutorials. I don't know where to even begin to figure out where this is getting over-ridden.

Thanks.

shannonstandish
2013-01-10, 04:34 PM
Nevermind. I figured it out. The callout view was set to "medium" whereas the other plan was set to "fine". The door bumpers were part of a nested family and the part showing in plan was not the actual bumper but a set of symbolic lines to show the door bumper perpendicular to the wall in plan view. The symbolic lines for the bumper portion were set to only display at "fine" scale while the other symbolic lines for the door itself were set to display in "coarse", "medium", and "fine" scales. I changed this setting and now I can see the bumpers.