PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Eyebrow Dormer

building313346197
2013-01-10, 07:52 PM
Anyone have any tips on creating an eyebrow dormer in 2013? I've had it looking nice, but when I get the edges to come down to blend into the roof I can't ever get the thing to join to the bigger roof properly. Also, I'm not a licensed architect, nor a structural engineer. Does anyone hae any info on how it must be created in real life and anything I need to know as far as designing and detailing it properly? Does it need to slope or is it ok to not slope as it's all curved anyway?
Thanks,
Megan

building313346197
2013-01-10, 11:39 PM
Ok, well upon further research and messing around . . .I kind of figured this out on my own, and I'm posting here in case anyone else needs help with this. I used an in-place roof model and did a blend. As far as adjusting the pitch of the eyebrow dormer: This is a 3/12 pitch (main roof here is 8/12). So my "top" is the front face and the "bottom" is the back face. From a front view I would move my "bottom" sketch (sketch traced directly on top . . .exact same profile) up 3' for every foot of depth I needed. I needed it to go back 10' so I moved it up 30". I couldn't get it to join using the Join Roof tool, but I was able to use the Join Geometry tool to give a nice line. So I got it to work and the geometry I believe is correct . . .now I hope the client doesn't scrap it after so much work! Yikes! lol Oh well, wouldn't be the first time. :?

building313346197
2013-01-10, 11:41 PM
Additional images . . .