PDA

View Full Version : 2013 In-place sweep edit mode keeps losing the Finish/Cancel buttons

patricks
2013-01-11, 05:07 PM
I'm in a project with several in-place sweep elements, and twice now I have been in the in-place family edit mode and lost the finish and cancel buttons. There seems to be no way to get out of the family editor mode. I tried setting keyboard shortcuts for all the Cancel Edit Mode commands, but it doesn't seem to be working. Anyone else seen this? I had to close the model (luckily I could save but could not SWC) and then come back in and start over.

patricks
2013-01-11, 05:20 PM
After closing and re-opening I was able to recreate the sweep. But now the Modify | Sweep contextual tiles are "stuck" on the ribbon. I had a sweep profile family open, which I just saved and closed, and the Modify contextual tiles seems to have gone away. Very weird.

irneb
2013-01-13, 06:00 PM
Are you perhaps in Win 8? Apparently something similar is happening there: http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?145649-Problems-with-Revit-using-Windows-8

patricks
2013-01-15, 05:33 PM
Nope Win7 for the past 2+ years and have been using Revit 2013 regularly for the past several months.

Today I have a little bit of a different problem. The Modify ribbon tab is "stuck" and has a bunch of tools from different Modify modes all jumbled together. What the heck is going on?? Nothing is selected in the image below.

BTW this has all been happening in a single project file. Haven't had issues in any other files. I think this file may have been upgraded from 2012 some months ago, but it's definitely not any older than that.

irneb
2013-01-15, 06:38 PM
Does it happen all the time in that file? Or does it clear out if you restart Revit? I've found that the ribbon sometimes goes hay-wire (even in older Revits), but a restart usually fixed it for a while at least.

Otherwise it might be something corrupt in the file. You might check the Audit option in the open project dialog to see if it picks up anything.

patricks
2013-01-15, 06:41 PM
Yeah it's fine if I restart Revit. Sometimes it will correct itself even by just closing and re-opening the file. But other times a full Revit restart is needed.

irneb
2013-01-15, 06:56 PM
This issue I've found since 2010 - i.e. the ribbon. It creeps up every now and again (around 2x per week), still haven't found a solution, but I can live with it as long as it doesn't happen more often.

patricks
2013-02-07, 04:26 PM
This issue I've found since 2010 - i.e. the ribbon. It creeps up every now and again (around 2x per week), still haven't found a solution, but I can live with it as long as it doesn't happen more often.

This is the first time I've had this problem, here on version 2013 update 2.

dkoch
2013-02-07, 07:34 PM
I had a somewhat similar problem in Revit Architecture 2012, except that it was persistent, not sporadic. With help from others in this thread (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?145758-Contextual-Ribbon-Panels-Not-Updating-Automatically) (thanks, Jeff!), I was able to fix the issue by unistalling .NET 4.5 and then reinstalling .NET 4.0. That may or may not apply to the 2013 versions of Revit, however.