PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Keynote File Error - Duplicate Key Value

Limbatus
2013-01-11, 06:30 PM
Somehow, I have gotten an error in my keynote file. I keep getting the warning message: [Duplicate key value '', text: '']. when i search my keynote txt doc for ", text:" this set of characters cannot be found. how do I resolve this problem?

irneb
2013-01-12, 10:33 AM
Open the keynote.txt file in Excel using tab separators (if asked). Then use excel's tools to sort the file per 1st column. See if there's any consecutive duplicates. If you've got Excel 2007 (or later) you could also change it into a table view and set the table to highlight duplicates.

Limbatus
2013-01-18, 01:40 AM
there are no consecutive duplicates. and i used excel's search tools to look for [", text:"] and [, text:], neither of which appear in my file. i'm stumped, and i don't really want to type up all of my keynotes again, and then go through my project and reykey.

irneb
2013-01-18, 06:34 AM
That string means excel is probably showing one line with a 3rd column. Perhaps look at divide and conquer: Make a new file, then copy the 1st few lines into it, reload in Revit and see if it works. Repeat with the next few lines, until you reach this error again. Then repeat the process on only the last portion you added by selecting fewer lines each time. Do this until you find the line which causes all this hassle.

That way you can narrow it down to where the error is without needing to go through each and every line individually.

antman
2013-01-18, 02:24 PM
Open the file in Notepad. Go to the very end. There should be one hard return. That is, a single blank line at the end. No more, no less. There should also be no blank lines anywhere in the document.

I HIGHLY recommend Keynote Manager, by Revolution Design. It handles the syntax for you, and formats it just like you see it in Revit. I use an older version that was free, but it looks like they've added a lot of features and now it's $45. Definitely worth it.

Limbatus
2013-01-18, 10:25 PM
Thanks for all of your help. the excel method worked. i did a google search for expressions to identify duplicates. used this to identify redundant characters. strangely, the culprit was a redundant tab in a blank line between division types, and had nothing to do with the string of characters [", text:"] or [, text:] neither of which ever occur in my document.