PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Revit to Max - Reducing size and polygons

hworrell
2013-01-11, 07:11 PM
We are working with a city tourism board to develop a model of the city that will go to another company to make nice pretty animated files that people can walk around in on the internet... The city as a whole is fine, we are close to having it developed and ready to go in MAX

The problem comes with the convention center that is currently in Revit, but started in 2009...so its a bit of a nightmare to work with, because it was during some 'learning' stages. We are limited on the number of polygons that we can use, so when the file gets exported its about 1000% over (I'm estimating). We have to do the exterior and interior...

Any thoughts on what we might be able to do to get the model into MAX a bit easier? I was looking at the 'shrinkwrap' option, but was told it was buggy. A big issue is the curtain wall, with all its mullions divided out.

Thanks for any assistance

irneb
2013-01-12, 10:25 AM
Could you redefine the profiles for the curtain walls? Make them much simpler - perhaps even just rectangles. I tend to do something similar, make the curtain wall mullion into a simplistic a shape as possible, then add a detail component and set its visibility state to Fine only. Though take a look at this problem: http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?107053-Embedded-Details-Flipping-within-Curtain-Wall-Mullion-Profiles