PDA

View Full Version : 2013 autocad educational version imports

newstudio architecture
2013-01-24, 05:49 PM
Having encountered an infectious import of a landscape drawing done in Educational Version in a previous Autocad lifetime, I just wanted to check with the forum as to whether there is a consequence of importing/linking owner-provided measured plans that have been created in Autocad's Educational version?

I've already applied the DXFOUT and DXFIN commands to purge this in Autocad, but is that necessary before import into Revit?

MikeJarosz
2013-01-24, 10:28 PM
There are easier ways to do this if you have many sheets, but I had one sheet with that pesky education stamp on it. I made a PDF and erased the pixels in photoshop.

tedg
2013-01-29, 08:06 PM
If you do a search here in AUGI on the issue, you will find all kinds of discussions about it.
Yes there are some work-arounds to rid the file of the educational stamp.

The bottom line is educational versions of Autodesk software is provided free for people to learn the software, they may even "do a project" with it.

That work should never be included in any project or by any person/firm for earning revenue.

If I were an Engineer or Architect, or professional designer that had something to loose, I would avoid those files like the plauge.

The "owner provided measured plans" that was created with an educational verson could be looked for reference, but the file should never be used, in my opinion.

MikeJarosz
2013-01-29, 09:12 PM
In my experience, a consultant using a free version of a program is often unaware that the output has been defaced to prevent misuse. They are also unlikely to get a legit version and master it before tommorow's deadline. Hence the photoshop fix :-D