PDA

View Full Version : 2012 DWF to PDF Image Rotates and Shrinks

johncubed209967
2013-02-02, 09:34 PM
I'm trying to convert Revit sheet views to PDF using Design Review so that I can then place them into InDesign for presentation purposes. When I open the DWF in Design Review it looks fine but then when I print to PDF it shows up rotated 90 degrees and reduced in size to about 15%.

I tried this process yesterday and it worked fine but today when I'm raring to go I ran into this glitch. I'm banging my head on my knee trying to figure this out so if anyone can help it would be appreciated.

Thanks.

johncubed209967
2013-02-02, 11:35 PM
OK - I THINK I figured this out. But I'm not sure since I just started this yesterday and can't remember what I did yesterday that made it work out so well. I can't remember if I did this yesterday or not but what I did was rotated and resized the image in InDesign. When starting afresh I exported to DWF using Presentation quality and when printing to PDF from Design Review I used press quality and this made a marked difference in image quality vs lower quality settings - particularly with 3D views, Though the linework isn't as crisp and the colour isn't as saturated as in Revit.

I still can't help but think there has to be a better way to get premium results...