PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Cannot Place Rooms

thomasbrown
2013-02-04, 04:58 PM
G'day all - I've got a problem with a Revit Model I'm working on. I can't seem to place any rooms. Exterior and interior walls are room bounding. I've tried it with the roofs not room bounding and the floors room bounding and several different variations to no avail. I'm not sure what's going on and I've been racking my brain trying to figure it out. I've tried different level views with no luck as well. I can place room separation lines and then place rooms within them but I'd rather not go down that road. I cannot place rooms even after redrawing some of the rooms with new (room bounding) walls. I've also recently audited the file but that did nothing.

Any tips or suggestions anyone might be able to direct me to? Thank you kindly.

Dimitri Harvalias
2013-02-04, 06:11 PM
Welcome to the forums Thomas.
This type of problem is usually attributable to view range.
Try duplicating a floor plan view, not from the browser but from the ribbon, and see if you can place a room in the freshly minted view. If you can, you can the settings in one view to the other and see where the problem is.
Create a view template from the new view and apply it to the old and see if it works.

eeblack
2013-02-04, 06:12 PM
I presume your walls do not have a base offset so that they are floating above the floor? Also, check that the floor level is the correct one in the room properties and make sure that each level that you want to place a room is defined in your model. I've had issues before where a split-level area of a floor plan wasn't showing the rooms correctly because there wasn't a half-floor level in the model.

Hope this helps.

thomasbrown
2013-02-04, 08:00 PM
Thank you for the welcome Dimitri. Unfortunately, I didn't have any luck placing rooms with a new (duplicate) view generated from the ribbon.

thomasbrown
2013-02-04, 08:01 PM
Thanks ee. My walls are set to a negative base offset. (2' below Level 1). I verified all the walls were on the correct level as well as the room had the correct level but again no luck.

Dimitri Harvalias
2013-02-04, 11:43 PM
Can you post the file?

DaveP
2013-02-05, 03:09 PM
Try cutting a Section through the middle of the building and then turn on Interior Fill under the Rooms category in Visibility/Graphics.
That will show you where the top and bottom of the Rooms are.
It's amazing how many problems you can diagnose by looking at things in a Vertical mode instead or Horizontal.