PDA

View Full Version : 2013 elevations and callouts

MikeJarosz
2013-02-11, 09:41 PM
One of my team members had a question I couldn't answer. Why is it that elevation tags appear automatically in other views, while callouts do not? Both are view tags and ought to function the same way. He added a callout to a floor plan, and it didn't appear in an enlarged blow-up plan, but the elevation tag in the same spot did appear on the blowup.

Mike L Sealander
2013-02-12, 12:43 AM
I have noticed this also. I don't have an answer.

jcoe
2013-02-12, 02:38 PM
Is this a floor plan callout or a detail callout?
If a floor plan callout, they are only visible in their parent view.
If a detail callout, you can change the setting from Show In "Parent View" to Show In "Intersecting Views". Once you turn on "Intersecting Views" the callout will show up in other views. Also keep in mind that you cannot see elevation markers in detail callout views.

Given this, it sounds like a plan callout was used because you can see the elevation marker. In order for the callout to show up in your other view, you will need to use the Reference Other View option.

damon.sidel
2013-02-12, 03:41 PM
A friend once showed me a very nice explanation of the features of each view type that included pros and cons and typical uses. I'll ask him if I can share it with you all.

MikeJarosz
2013-02-12, 04:55 PM
A friend once showed me a very nice explanation of the features of each view type that included pros and cons and typical uses. I'll ask him if I can share it with you all.

That would be helpful. How things work in Revit are the result of the folks at the factory sitting around discussing the issues, then making a decision and coding it that way. Except, they never let anyone know anything about that discussion. We are left wondering "why this way and not that?" Sometimes it makes sense, sometimes it looks like expedience on their part.

Marty Rozmanith once told me that it all depends on the potential damage if a new feature goes wrong....

StratCat
2013-02-12, 07:52 PM
Were you talking about Section callouts or Detail callouts ?