PDA

View Full Version : 2013 wall pattern in linked file

cr_gixxer
2013-02-12, 04:28 PM
I'm having an issue with the lineweight of my wall patterns in a linked file that I can't figure out.

In the attached image, I have a linked units for a townhouse project, where the roof and gable walls are created in block plan file.
you can see the lineweight difference. I can control the colour in my view template, through the v/g override model.

it is the same wall assembly in both files.

Do object styles treat a linked file differently?

damon.sidel
2013-02-12, 04:42 PM
Have you confirmed that the object styles in the linked file, not just the wall assembly, is the same as the main model? Check that the material in the linked file has the same settings as the material in the main file.

I wanted to split up my model recently, so I created a group in my main model and saved it to it's own RVT file. Deleted the group in the main model and linked in the new RVT. At least some of the object styles, materials, etc, were different in the linked file, even though they came from the main model. The color and line weight of a material (used on a wall) was different in the link than in the main model. I went to the link, updated the material and object styles the way I wanted, reloaded and all is working fine.

cr_gixxer
2013-02-12, 05:00 PM
hmm good points, but after checking....
I see that:
material editor is the same in both files
object styles are the same in both files