PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Filtering Schedules that include families from linked files

daburow686766
2013-02-20, 07:11 PM
I'm attempting to put together a whole host of schedules to quantify a variety of groups of families I have in multiple linked revit files. It's a multi-building project with each building subdivided into modules built off-site by a prefab manufacturer. The revit files are subdivided similarly. At the end of the day I'm going to need stuff like the number of every type of Latchset in a single module, a single building, and the whole project.

I've managed to schedule everything properly in the individual module file, but my problem is the filters. I lose the ability to filter by some parameters when building a schedule from linked files. Assembly Code/Descr, Omniclass Number/Title, Floor Levels and Categories are the ones that I'm aware of, but I can't seem to find a comprehensive list of Fail filters.

I've only seen one workaround for this - adding shared parameters to all my families, but I'm not real keen on that approach as I'd rather not have to update and re-load a bunch of families somewhere down the road if I need to change my scheduling process.

Anyone have any tips?