PDA

View Full Version : Move from AutoCAD to Revit

kwong
2005-02-11, 02:42 AM
I have some plans in AutoCAD that I'd like to trial Revit with (learning to use), but I'm wondering what's the best way to do this - xref (?) the plans in and trace over seems to be the only way, but if lines can be brought in from ACAD and be converted to walls, a lot of time could be saved. Is this possible? I believe this is possible in ADT. TIA for any info.

irwin
2005-02-11, 07:09 AM
Rather than tracing, you can pick the lines and create walls using them. (This is new in 7.0). In the wall tool option bar, press the arrow icon (Pick Lines). Now, each time you pick a line in the imported dwg it will create a wall using the current wall type. You create walls for an entire chain of lines at once using the Tab key. You can control whether the line becomes the wall centerline or one of the faces using the Loc Line setting in the option bar.

kwong
2005-02-11, 12:52 PM
Irwin,
Thanks very much for that - that'll save me a lot of time.

SkiSouth
2005-02-11, 02:19 PM
Rather than tracing, you can pick the lines and create walls using them. (This is new in 7.0). In the wall tool option bar, press the arrow icon (Pick Lines). Now, each time you pick a line in the imported dwg it will create a wall using the current wall type. You create walls for an entire chain of lines at once using the Tab key. You can control whether the line becomes the wall centerline or one of the faces using the Loc Line setting in the option bar.

Very cool Irwin, thanks to all at the 'factory'..