PDA

View Full Version : 2013 collaborate - show history function - What's the History?

david_peterson
2013-02-28, 10:27 PM
So I'm the structural person working on a very large project with many models linked in (about 40) from Arch, MEP and process equipment.
Recently I used the Collaborate - show history tab to get the history of user that have been in my file.
I noticed that I had user names of our Architectural counterparts (we're all in the same office, same server, same firm).
Now here's my question.
When asked, they always tell me "I've never been in your model"
and my reply, "Then why is your user name lasted as saving something to my file"
and I get no response.
Smaller project, I wouldn't care, but the model covers about 800ksf of space with many of the parts and piece out for bid and some already in construction. Are Archies have no reason to be in my file.
So my question is, if a users name shows up, what dose that mean? Were they in my file? Did they save something back to my file? Was this a shared coordinates thing? Were they trying to hide something in my model that was linked into their model?
If anyone has any idea about the true function, I would love to hear it as I need to resolve this issue or make sure I've washed my hands of it before something breaks or gets "accidentally changed" without my knowledge.
Thanks in advance.

Steve_Stafford
2013-02-28, 10:31 PM
Well somebody with the username opened and then saved the file :)
I believe the only interaction a user can have outside of the project is through publishing shared coordinates.