PDA

View Full Version : 2012 "Can't cut joined element"

Twolly
2013-03-04, 04:31 PM
I am trying to join 2 floors together and keep getting the error message "can't cut joined element." Does anybody understand this message? The floors don't seem to be cut anywhere.

I am trying to eliminate the boundary line between the floors but can't. I could use linework in the sections, but would rather join geometry.

Thanks

cliff collins
2013-03-04, 07:39 PM
It looks like there are two Voids(orange), which I think are the reason for the error message.

Twolly
2013-03-04, 07:54 PM
Actually, those are just floors, but there may be a void cut through the floor at some location. Is the message saying that once you cut a void in an object you can't join it to anything else?

martinezdesign
2016-01-12, 01:18 AM
Anyone else have any luck with this? I am having a similar dilemma with roofs.

barthbradley
2016-01-12, 06:01 PM
Sounds like you are trying to join the void - not the solid - and that's why you're getting the error message. I agree with Cliff, it looks like you have two unattached voids in the same location as a solid. Is it possible that you're picking on those voids instead of the solids? Also, I don't see 2 floors here. What exactly are you trying to join together in this picture?

david_peterson
2016-01-12, 07:24 PM
The other time I've seen issues with floors where when the Analytical models become unhappy in the structural floors. Could that be part of the problem?