PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Raised Wall Panels family query.

doushkajs353099
2013-03-06, 12:20 PM
Hi All and thanks for this site. I placed some wall panels in my drawing and on a long run they placed as expected. The problem is now that if there is a short distance, like when there is a door close to a corner Revit says it "can't make the item". I have checked all lines and am snapping to the correct point but Revit wil not place the panel. The distance from the edge of the door architrave and the wall corner is 1' 6" and i'm thinking this might be too short for the default panel length. A panel needs to placed in this position for continuity but how do i get over the problem. I hope i have explained properly but please let me know if not.

Great site and more than great program, really enjoy using it.

Norton_cad
2013-03-06, 12:42 PM
Look at the wall panel in elevation, and use the alignment tool to the desired frame edge position, place your door, and problem solved methinks.

dhurtubise
2013-03-06, 04:18 PM
Im going to assume it's a custom panel because the system one would fit in 18". So flex your family to 12" and you should see what breaks.
On the other hand if youre talking about replacing panel with a wall 18" should work but it might just be that the wall thickness is too big so they try to cleanup and it doesnt work

doushkajs353099
2013-03-07, 01:31 PM
Im going to assume it's a custom panel because the system one would fit in 18". So flex your family to 12" and you should see what breaks.
On the other hand if youre talking about replacing panel with a wall 18" should work but it might just be that the wall thickness is too big so they try to cleanup and it doesnt work

Maybe some missunderstanding here dhurtibise. The panel is the decorative wall panel, this was placed in elevation as the book says. Being new to this program could you explain what is meant by "flexing". I know about the families but have not delved in to them properly yet.