PDA

View Full Version : 2012 how to model a wall with a slanted top

Twolly
2013-03-08, 04:55 PM
How would I model a wall so that it looks like this in section without having it attach to a slanted ceiling?
This is just an In-place mass.

Alfredo Medina
2013-03-08, 05:20 PM
It does not have to be an in-place mass. It could be a wall, with a reveal profile with the shape of a triangle, configured in the wall's properties.

Twolly
2013-03-08, 07:04 PM
I have never used a wall reveal and for some reason that option is actually greyed out in my Revit.

CAtDiva
2013-03-08, 08:30 PM
I have never used a wall reveal and for some reason that option is actually greyed out in my Revit.

Are you looking at a plan view or elevation? If you're looking at a plan view, switch to an elevation or section, then those options should be available.

cliff collins
2013-03-08, 10:38 PM
Edit the Profile of the wall.

CAtDiva
2013-03-08, 11:21 PM
Edit the Profile of the wall.

I think the OP wants to slope the top of the wall in section, not elevation.

zarif
2013-03-09, 03:32 PM
How would I model a wall so that it looks like this in section without having it attach to a slanted ceiling?
This is just an In-place mass.
I think you should try to draw a reference plane slanted in an elevation view, name it if you want,select the wall and attach Top to the ref.plane.hope this help

nigeld
2013-03-11, 05:32 AM
Interesting. My options for top constraints are in the wall type ... attach to ... level 1 OR level 2. I don't see where the named (and angled) reference plane is listed so cannot set top to it.

irneb
2013-03-11, 07:45 AM
As stated previously: You cannot draw wall sweeps / reveals if you're not in a view showing the wall in its height. So change to a sectional view / elevation / 3d. Then you should be able to draw a reveal in order to cut a shape into your wall:

As for attaching to a reference plane: No need to name the plane, but it is good practice. Just make sure you're in a section view of the wall, draw your plane, select the wall, click "Attach Top/Base" and click on the plane ... finished!

nigeld
2013-03-11, 08:42 PM
Thanks. That's clearer now. Attach Top/Base is located in the RIBBON. It is a great feature, where one reference plane could control the tops of multiple walls.