PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Calculating room parameters

ricsivahl
2013-03-15, 06:12 AM
I am trying to add the number of students to the room tag. But want it calculated based upon the SF per students that is specific for the type of course room. So I did a schedule key to determine the SFper student.
It works in the schedule but I want to get the calculated total students fed back to the room tag

LP Design
2013-03-17, 04:26 AM
There is no way to completely accomplish this, but you can get pretty close. Do some searching around the forums and you'll find some examples of others dealing with this issue.

Calculated values cannot be used in tags. Make a shared parameter for "number of students" and load it into both the project and the tag family. Then in your project, make a schedule that contains that parameter, and also the calculated value. Now your user's job is to make sure the two columns match.

No, it's not a perfect solution but it gets you 90% of the way there. In my own projects i also set up quality control schedules using conditional formatting so the fields turn red if the two numbers don't match.

Best of luck,
-LP