PDA

View Full Version : 2013 masking region in symbol family

mcheckis366322
2013-03-29, 06:22 PM
Hello there! I am trying to create a symbol for the Spot Elevation tag that masks out the ceiling pattern behind it. Our office standard is a filleted rectangle with the elevation text inside. I created a masking region with invisible lines based on the line work of the box, but when I use it, the masking region screens part of the box itself, presumably because it's right up against it, and bleeds over, for lack of a better description. If I had some way to draw order the masking region to the back, I'd be all set, but there is no such option when I'm creating my tag. any ideas? Thanks!!

jsteinhauer
2013-03-29, 06:35 PM
Create the Masking region with the Spot Elevation Line, and not the <Invisible Lines>. Why do double the work? Plus it is a smaller file. This is similar to detailing in a project. No sense in creating a boundary for a filled region, then drawing lines atop of the filled region.

See the attached file for corrected family.

Jeff S.

mcheckis366322
2013-03-29, 07:40 PM
Ha! So simple it's silly. I'm so accustomed to making sure I make masking regions with invisible lines, I didn't even see that as an option!
Thanks-