PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Printing & making Color PDF Trouble

fcusumano
2013-03-29, 06:59 PM
Wondering if anyone else has had an issue printing or making a color pdf from Revit where the image either partially shows up or doesn't show at all. When I change it to hidden it works fine, basically any black and white. If there are dimensions they show up and the image doesn't. I tried printing elevations and 3d. Updated driver and that didn't do the trick. Use other people in the office computer with the same software and computer and it worked fine. Is this a Revit issue? Trying to upload a file for reference, but not working. Thanks.

cliff collins
2013-03-29, 09:28 PM
Try changing PDF print driver settings from Vector to Raster (or vice versa) and see if this makes a difference.

fcusumano
2013-04-01, 04:45 PM
I tried that and it didn't work.............??

cliff collins
2013-04-01, 07:21 PM
Could be a display/graphics card problem. Try turning on/off Hardware accelleration, and update the graphics card ( I noticed you mentioned updating the driver above, but was not sure if you meant the PDF print driver, or graphics card driver?

What PDF print software are you using on the machine with the problem?

dhurtubise
2013-04-03, 06:57 AM
Graphic card don't make a difference while printing. Revit doesn't use GPU... hopefully yet :)
I'd look in the PDF solution you are using first. When you look at the preview does it look ok?

fcusumano
2013-04-03, 12:11 PM
No, the preview doesn't look ok, it is either gone or partially showing up. See attachment

It also will not print correctly either..................it is not just pdfs.

dhurtubise
2013-04-03, 12:16 PM
Did you try on another machine?

fcusumano
2013-04-03, 12:47 PM
Yes........and they are the same machines with same software, etc. Works great and keeping bugging my colleagues.

dhurtubise
2013-04-03, 01:16 PM
Then it's definitely a hardware problem :)
You can try something simple, try with a new Windows Profile. Log in as another user on your machine and try again.