PDA

View Full Version : Sheet setup

formarch1831
2003-11-03, 04:08 AM
I'm brand new to Revit and I'm half way through a job and trying to set it up for plotting but I'm having trouble sizing the viewports. I'll call them "viewport" because thats all I know (Autocad). I need to resize these "viewports" to focus on small parts of the plans and elevations but its seems Revit automatically sizes the viewports for entire drawing. What should I be doing. Thanks

beegee
2003-11-03, 04:19 AM
On the sheet, select the "sheet view "of the element, select "Activate View", select View Properties, check "show Cropped Region", now resize the cropped region on the sheet to the preferred view size. Then uncheck "show cropped region" and then deactivate view. Done.

Note also, when you hover over the sheet view, you are seeing the viewport. This is different to and larger than, the cropped boundary, since it includes the view title, and possibly reference planes and grids.

Also, you know that you can change the scale of the sheet view as desired, through the View Properties dialogue. I don't think that is what you're after though ?

Dimitri Harvalias
2003-11-03, 06:13 PM
Maybe I'm misunderstanding here but it sounds like what you're after is to create callouts from the view menu if you are just wanting 'detail plans' or portions of elevations. In the options bar you select the scale of the view prior to creating the callout. You can then place these views (instead of the whole plan) on the sheet. At that point you can crop the view to suit.

formarch1831
2003-11-06, 12:55 AM
THANKS A LOT, IT WORKED GREAT AND I WAS ABLE TO GET MY PLANS OUT. I GUESS I WAS JUST DANCING AROUND THE COMMAND.

WHATS THE BEST WAY TO GET A HANDEL AND THE VIEW RANGE / LINETYPE ISSUES. I'M TRYING TO MAKE MY SOFFITS SHOW AS HIDDEN (DASHED) LINES ON MY FLOOR PLANS. ON MY FOUNDATION PLANS I WANT THE FOOTINGS TO SHOW AS DASHED LINES BELOW THE FLOOR SLAB.

IS THERE A GOOD BOOK OUT THIER THAT EXPLAINS ALL THIS?

THANKS AGAIN
MIKE

beegee
2003-11-06, 01:02 AM
In View Properties, turn on the underlay to show level above or below as appropriate, then using the linework tool select the lines for the soffits or footings to be dashed.

Theres more information on this in other threads in this forum, if you search.

there is a good book, its Cyril verley's Introductory Courseware for Revit 5.1. You can also find discussions about that elsewhere in the forum.

BTW Do you realise you're SHOUTING ?