PDA

View Full Version : 2013 how do you slant a wall?

Bluefairy
2013-03-31, 12:44 AM
I tried to rotate a wall in section view so that it would slant, but it does not rotate.... Anyone have any idea on how to slant a wall?

jsteinhauer
2013-03-31, 02:05 AM
only way I know how is to host it to a mass.

Cheers,
Jeff S.

cliff collins
2013-04-01, 12:57 PM
This has been on the Wishlist for many years now, and this question has come up hundreds of times.

The current method is to create a Mass with a slanted face, and then use Wall by Face. This works pretty well for overall building form (large scale, exterior walls) but when you have lots of slanted walls and bulkheads at ceilings, using Masses and Wall by Face is very cumbersome. You can create a slanted wall as an in-place family, and make sure you give it the Wall Category under Family types--but using lots of in-place families is not recommended either. So---get the tweets and Wishlist requests flying and maybe some day we will finally get the Tilt Wall Tool. Don't get your hopes up for Revit 2014, however......................

Wait...........We DID get the Tilt Wall Tool in Revit 2014! FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alfredo Medina
2013-04-01, 01:20 PM
I knew this thread would get your attention. :)

MikeJarosz
2013-04-01, 05:54 PM
Wait...........We DID get the Tilt Wall Tool in Revit 2014! FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this true? Someone please confirm!

cliff collins
2013-04-01, 05:57 PM
Happy April Fools Day!

I do this every year, since we never actually get the Tilt Wall Tool. 13 years and counting.....................LOL

USMCBody
2013-04-01, 06:03 PM
They will do that once we are able to truly rotate any item in Revit... (in and out of the plain)