PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Regions to Reference Planes

drewj
2013-04-03, 10:02 PM
1st... I don't really see a lot of instruction with the software regarding workflow, but I am trying to muddle on, if you know of any resources, I would be happy to see them.

Does anyone know if there is a way to create reference planes in Revit from the regions created in ReCap? I created a region in ReCap, exported the points to a rcs file and brought them into Revit. but only the points show up. This is probably as designed, it just seemed to me that the reason for making a region was to define a surface like a wall, I am not sure why else I am making the region other than I really like to have green and blue walls...

I could see a real benefit in being able to bring those regions created from points in to Revit and then placing the walls using the reference planes.

I may be a mile off in the planned workflow for this software, if so I am very happy to hear your ideas on how you will utilize ReCap with Revit.

drewj
2013-04-03, 10:11 PM
I mistakenly thought that a region was like a plane as you create it from a plane. I see it is more of a 3D collection of points.

Odd that you can assign a depth to a 2D object (isnt a plane a 2D object?) doesnt that make it a box/solid or whatever you want to call it?

I think there is no way to do what I was thinking above.

So... how are people going to use this software with Revit?

Brian Myers
2013-04-27, 02:05 AM
It's not perfect, but I find it makes visualizing point cloud data a lot easier inside the software. It's (thus far) helped me to not need to reference as many pictures to visualize the interior spaces we've scanned for modelling.