PDA

View Full Version : Wall Sweep Slow Down

Doug
2005-02-15, 01:14 PM
I am experiencing a tremendous slow down with Revit 7.0. I have added wall sweeps to a model and it has brought Revit to a crawl. (1 min 32 sec to change anything to do with any exterior wall (i.e. change/move a window) Is this normal?

Is there away to speed up operations?

Thanks
Doug

sbrown
2005-02-15, 02:41 PM
Send in your file, I have a sim. experience with my file some things work fine, but moving a wall or changing the swing of a door is awful. I sent in my data. YOu should too so they can figure out the problem.

adegnan
2005-02-15, 03:34 PM
I had this problem as well. It is kind of a bug, they told me. Basically, when you create a sweep on the wall the sweep tries to join to anything the wall touches... in my case this was creating conflict with a floor for some reason.

The answer I was given, until there is further resolution to the issue in a further release, is to unjoin the objects from each other. Is this acceptable? I guess that depends on how your drawings are set up. If the floor needs to be joined to the wall, in my case, it is not an acceptalbe solution for my sectino views. So for the short term, I turn sweep visibility off and that helps.

tamas
2005-02-15, 08:03 PM
By all means, please send in your file to support if you can.

Abe, wht do you mean by turning off sweep visibility? Do you use worksets, or simple visibility controls?

adegnan
2005-02-15, 11:27 PM
I think using a simple visibility control helped??

Doug
2005-02-16, 12:32 AM
I sent the file, after I blew up the roof (deleted it and re-created) That helped, Wai didn't have any problems with the new file and latest version. I did, moved a window the re-gen took approx 40 sec vs 1 min 32 sec (I timed it)

I just finished loading the new version back to normal. <GRIN> (12 sec on the same move) This version didn't address this issue but it fixed mine.

Thanks Revit!

Doug

tamas
2005-02-16, 04:49 PM
If simply turning off wall sweep visibility helped, than it is not model regeneration related. I am puzzled by this a bit. I doubt the display code would be responsible for so much percieved slowdown.

When you make a wall sweep that spans across several walls can drag the system down as the sweep modifies each of its host walls. You may try to recreate the long sweep as many small sweeps, one per each wall.
The result is identical shape, but faster to update.
The only drawback is that moving or changing the collection of sweeps is less easy.