PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Pipe Network Labels

ehug
2013-04-15, 02:49 PM
I just started labeling pipe network parts in my plan view and plan/ profile sheets and I love it (never used that feature before). Our office uses construction symbols (boxes, triangles or circles for corresponding parts) and each label has the structure number inside the symbol. This works great. The text inside the labels is annotative plus they rotate when the viewport rotates.
But when I create an additional sheets, (of the same location and my additional viewport is rotated) the part labels move and usually to locations that aren't in the same place I created them in.
It looks as though they have a completely different anchor placement and I certainly don't have any control of where they go.
Someone in our office suggested that I create a second set of labels (one for each viewport on a different layer) but that didn't seem like a solution, (just a quick short-cut). Any help here?

Opie
2013-04-15, 08:49 PM
We typically have one sheet per file. We then annotate the network as needed within the sheet.

ehug
2013-04-17, 01:37 PM
Opie... one sheet per file? please expand, it doesn't make sense to me

Opie
2013-04-17, 06:06 PM
Opie... one sheet per file? please expand, it doesn't make sense to me

We use a base drawing for our design information. We then create one drawing per sheet layout. We XREF the base drawing(s) into these sheet drawings for annotation and printing. The annotation for one sheet does not affect the annotation for any other sheet.

ehug
2013-05-08, 02:04 PM
We use a base drawing for our design information. We then create one drawing per sheet layout. We XREF the base drawing(s) into these sheet drawings for annotation and printing. The annotation for one sheet does not affect the annotation for any other sheet.

Hmmm.. I can't decide, more labels in my model space or more drawings to keep track of.
In case someone else reads this, I got a suggestion to label duplicated sheets in paper space... but then the labels they aren't dynamic.