PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Control/Shift quirks

bwilliams133
2013-04-16, 09:47 PM
Over the past week or two, I've noticed that when I hold down the Control key to select more than one object, it's not working. It simply selects the other object. OR, it will select a finite number of objects, then when I click on the next one (if I'm trying to select several at once) it deselects the first 3 or 4 I already had picked. Often, I have to try 5-6 times to get it to work right. And this morning, I was in a 3D view and holding the shift key down so I could orbit, but it too wasn't working.

I have a wireless keyboard and changed the batteries, thinking that was it, but it's still doing it. Although not all the time. Is anyone else having this experience? If not, I will assume that it's my keyboard and/or computer alone.

Thanks.

dhurtubise
2013-04-17, 06:29 AM
Honestly never had that issue. Could it be something as stupid as a key being "stuck"? Try a different keyboard for a few days to see if it helps and keep us posted :)

patricks
2013-04-17, 02:09 PM
What model keyboard? I use a Logitech Wave keyboard/mouse combo (LOVE it, got the same one for home use), which uses this tiny "unifying" receiver that goes in a USB port. However if I just stick it directly into a USB port on my PC tower, it's either too far away or too close to interference sources, and I get dropped keystrokes all the time, which manifests itself as issues just as you have described. Luckily Logitech includes an "extension" cord (really just a fancy USB extension cable) so that you can get the receiver out there on your desk, closer to the keyboard/mouse, and away from the PC itself. Works great.

Do you have issues with just normal typing? Because I did, before using the receiver extension cord.

antman
2013-04-17, 02:40 PM
My keyboard and mouse are wired. Even so, every once in a while, my Shift key will get stuck. Not physically stuck on the keyboard, but on screen. Try to pay attention to the cursor when you don't have anything pressed. When mine is stuck, the little minus symbol appears next to the cursor. Usually just tapping Shift once with nothing selected and no command active will resolve it.