PDA

View Full Version : Help! i've lost my section cut and I can't get it back.

formarch.70565
2005-02-15, 08:37 PM
Somehow during my hiding of annotations I've deleted a building section call out and now I can't seem to find it. On other hidden annotations, when the cursor moves over the area they show up but this one is hiding from me and does not want to be found although I did find a call out to this sections lurking on an enlarged plan. Does the fact that it can be found in the enlarged plan call out eliminate the possibility of finding it on the main plan. How do I get it back on the main floor plan.

J. Grouchy
2005-02-15, 08:42 PM
Right click..."find referring view" then select the appropriate plan.

Or... select everything in the plan and filter out everything but sections.

stuntmonkee
2005-02-15, 09:50 PM
Somehow during my hiding of annotations I've deleted a building section call out and now I can't seem to find it. On other hidden annotations, when the cursor moves over the area they show up but this one is hiding from me and does not want to be found although I did find a call out to this sections lurking on an enlarged plan. Does the fact that it can be found in the enlarged plan call out eliminate the possibility of finding it on the main plan. How do I get it back on the main floor plan.

Tell me if this makes sense.

In the view that you cant find it. . .did you change the scale of that view from say 1/8 to 16th? If so the annotation has a property that will cause it to hide once the drawing scale gets to a small scale. . . .helps for site plans and what not.

In the enlarged view you can select it and specify at what scale you want it to quit showing.

formarch.70565
2005-02-15, 10:06 PM
I tried selecting everything on the 1/8" scale drawing but the section call out does not appear and I have not changed the scale of the drawing the entire project. However, it is possible that I cut the section in the enlarged plan (a "call out" for stairs) and not the origional plan and if this is the case is there a way to transfer the section anotation from the enlarged "call out" plan back to the main floor plan.

stuntmonkee
2005-02-15, 11:51 PM
I tried selecting everything on the 1/8" scale drawing but the section call out does not appear and I have not changed the scale of the drawing the entire project. However, it is possible that I cut the section in the enlarged plan (a "call out" for stairs) and not the origional plan and if this is the case is there a way to transfer the section anotation from the enlarged "call out" plan back to the main floor plan.

should be there, check the preperties scale like I mentioned and verify that its at a scale smaller than 1/8.