PDA

View Full Version : Grid Viewing Problems

richs
2003-11-05, 04:11 PM
I am new on Revit and loving the program, however I have set up my grids on my main floor just the way I want to see them, however when I Go to a partial plan or any of the floors above the main floor the grids are in the right location but the they are extended all over the page. All you can see is grids everywhere. Is there any way of getting the grids to look the same on all floors after creating the main floor grids?

Help please.

sbrown
2003-11-05, 04:34 PM
You need to turn on the crop boundary for each view, then pick on of the grid heads and drag its endpoints where you want it, the rest will follow suit, typically they get super stretched out when you have a dwg import or some model geometry that is far away from your building.

YOu can also use a scope box and associate grids and levels with the scope box, then they will automatically stay at the edges of the scope box, read the help on scope boxes.

Allen Lacy
2003-11-05, 04:36 PM
If you're speaking of grids and not reference planes, then you can adjust them on any view and not alter them on another view. Because they are an annotation, they will not "conform" to crop regions. HTH