PDA

View Full Version : Experience with eSpecs

Mencken
2005-02-16, 04:23 PM
Has anyone purchased and used the eSpecs system?
[url]http://www.e-specs.com/especs-revit.html
What's been your experience?

Thanks for your observations.

JamesVan
2005-02-16, 05:27 PM
We were excited about what eSpecs had to offer our firm and have made the purchase. We're currently in the middle of data conversion to the eSpecs database and will begin implementation soon. Don't have much more than that at this time.

Mencken
2005-02-16, 08:16 PM
Considering your firm and what you're working on, this decision is very enlightening, thanks!

Scott D Davis
2005-02-16, 09:28 PM
We are 'in process' of purchasing E-specs...not sure what the hold up is! As soon as the numbers are finalized, E-specs will be converting our Master sspec into the database format....then I'll be able to tell you more!

We're not as big as SOM, but we've got about 150 across 3 offices in California.

hdjohnson
2005-02-16, 10:41 PM
We are 'in process' of purchasing E-specs...not sure what the hold up is! As soon as the numbers are finalized, E-specs will be converting our Master sspec into the database format....then I'll be able to tell you more!

We're not as big as SOM, but we've got about 150 across 3 offices in California.

I read that E-specs and Masterspec are to be integrated. I was wondering why they would be converting your Masterspecs into database format?

Scott D Davis
2005-02-16, 11:09 PM
They are our own custom "Master" spec, the spec that we as a company use as a base for all our specs. Not "Masterspec".

hdjohnson
2005-02-16, 11:41 PM
They are our own custom "Master" spec, the spec that we as a company use as a base for all our specs. Not "Masterspec".

Okay.... I guess that's an easy way to get them mixed up!