PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Topo Hatch not showing up under building pad

Spork
2013-04-17, 08:18 PM
I've been trying to search for an answer to this but cannot seem to find anything. Maybe you guys can help.

I have a main level in my building, with a basement that has a smaller footprint than the floor above. I have a pad defined for the area that is on grade at Level 1, and another pad defined for the Basement. In my basement plan, wherever the pad is above, the topo fill/hatch does not show. See the image below for clarification.

Is there any solution to this? I know I'm not the only one who has had this problem, but none of the threads I've found have a resolution to this issue.

antman
2013-04-17, 09:12 PM
How far below your level does your view depth and bottom of primary range extend to? If they are at 0'-0", try setting them to like 10' or something extreme. I've seen this issue in sections with a shallow view depth.

Spork
2013-04-17, 09:16 PM
That didn't affect anything, and I can't see why it would. The pads that are masking the topo fill are above the current view.

Spork
2013-04-18, 04:22 PM
According to Autodesk:

"I think I understand the issue, but because of the way pad cuts the toposurface there is not an automatic solution. You will need to use drafting tools in the views where the representation is not what you need. The other solution might be to split the toposurface and manually create "pads" by setting elevation points for the split toposurface.

Jeff Hanson
Sr. Subject Matter Exper
Autodesk, Revit"

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Revit/enu/2013/Help/00001-Revit_He0/0135-Prelimin135/0170-Site_Des170/0174-Toposurf174