PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Changing the location of the Central Content Library

jsteinhauer
2013-04-23, 03:54 PM
So we are having a discussion within my office as to how best synchronize content across our many offices. Our Network IT staff have a sweet program that will automatically synchronize and update modified content. The problem is we have to move or copy our standard libraries to a new location on our server. At this point we need to think about how best to get people looking at the correct location. I'm no expert here, but there should be a way to write a script that when someone logs into their computer, that the User's INI file will get updated to the proper locations. I see this as a 'Simple' Find/Replace of the file paths within the INI file.

The other way to do it is to send out an email telling staff what they need to do to update Revit to the new location, a total of four paths (Project Template, Family Templates, Content Library & Detail Content Library).

To complicate the issue, we have some staff pointing to a project specific library. As well as Third Party software to help track/import content into projects. These would either need to be ignored or updated as well.

Please let me know if you have thoughts on how to complete this task.

Thank you in advance,
Jeff S.

patricks
2013-04-23, 07:58 PM
I just read that Revit 2014 deployment and admin tools have the means to push out INI file updates to an entire user base.

jsteinhauer
2013-04-24, 05:11 PM
Will that work for previous versions as well? My guess is not. We still have projects utilizing 2012 and maybe 2011.