PDA

View Full Version : Real (agricultural) curtain wall

tomm
2005-02-16, 10:29 PM
Greetings, I have been attempting to use Revit for over 1 year now and have finally got to the point that I can produce a model with fairly reasonable speed (many thanks to this forum). My long learning curve has been exacerbated by the fact that I am not an architect and we don't do regular buildings. I work for an agricultural contractor (barn builder). We specialize in hog, dairy, and poultry confinement buildings. We use Revit to provide our customers with a reasonably accurate idea of what they will be getting.
As I mentioned I have overcome many hurdles by creating my own families for animal penning, ventilation equipment etc.
Attached is a jpg of a wall I need to create that has me stumped. It is a real curtain wall in that the polycarbonate panels shown move up and down on the outside of the exterior wall to provide ventilation for the critters inside. I am trying to use a curtain wall, and everything works well except that I would like to be able to extend the mullions below the curtain wall itself.
Can any of the gurus out there think of a way to accomplish this?

Steve_Stafford
2005-02-16, 10:49 PM
If you sketch the curtain wall to match the overall size and place grids accordingly you should be able to swap out the bottom and top panels with stock Revit "empty" panels. See image...

DanielleAnderson
2005-02-16, 10:49 PM
I would try this:
Create a curtain wall that is the vertical length of the mullion you want to extend. Then use the curtain grid tool to tell revit where you want the mullions to go. Put in the mullions in (obviously you don't want that bottom one). Then you want to click on the individual panels that that curtain grid created and in the places where that mullion needs to extend down beyond just make those panels "empty".

Hope that's helpful.
Danielle