PDA

View Full Version : Phase problem

mtogni
2003-11-05, 07:40 PM
Hi all,
I noticed when in different phase, walls of different phase don't join in the right way (as when in the same phase).
Am I missing something or it is a bug?
Thx in advance.

aggockel50321
2003-11-05, 07:51 PM
Probably a standard drafting convention. A new wall would not "join" an existing wall. Rather it would just butt up to it.

hj
2003-11-05, 08:12 PM
sometimes you have to play around with it until they do. I don't think it's a bug, there are just a lot of hidden variables that can make walls do funky things sometimes...

David
2003-11-06, 06:34 PM
I have also had problems with wall joins in different phases. House is bult on 60 degree grid, with three levels, on a steep hillside with stepped footings. And it is a remodel. The foundation plan is a nightmare of decisions.

Walls joins with 3 wall (and 2 or 3 in prior phase) created the most problems. Careful use of view level is critical.

At one point the wall joins through phasing gave me so much grief, I bailed out and decided to do 1 file for existing and 1 for new.

I went back to combined file and use line work and white regions. With all the problems, it was still better than 2D.

On the top floor the new walls are remodeled to extend 2 feet additional with new roof. No phase over ride to show that. Had to use hatches.