PDA

View Full Version : wall types

sultarc
2005-02-17, 02:50 AM
I have experienced that when I create a modification to a wall type, when I exit the project,(at this point The projects are practice) when I enter revit the next time the wall type is not there anymore. How do I ensure that when I create a wall it sticks in the programe?

christopher.zoog51272
2005-02-17, 03:11 AM
I have experienced that when I create a modification to a wall type, when I exit the project,(at this point The projects are practice) when I enter revit the next time the wall type is not there anymore. How do I ensure that when I create a wall it sticks in the programe?
Add it to your template. The template file is the most important file in your office.

A quick way to add it to your template from another project is to use the transfer project standards tool.

sultarc
2005-02-25, 11:06 PM
does this overwrite the standard commercial type template or add to it?

beegee
2005-02-25, 11:16 PM
To create a new project template, you can base the template on an existing template or specify None.
In the Create new pane of the dialog box, be sure to select the Project template option.
Click OK.

does this overwrite the standard commercial type template or add to it?

Dimitri Harvalias
2005-02-25, 11:21 PM
You can create and save as many template files as you need depending on the type of projects you do and your office standards. Just open one of the defaults and do a save as . Make sure you save as a template (save as type at the bottom of the save dialogue).Components, title blocks, text styles etc. can all be pre-loaded to save time and ensure consistency.

You can point Revit to your template of choice by default using settings/options/file locations

rookwood
2005-02-26, 04:31 AM
Going back to sultarc's question, does the 'add project standards' tool ADD to the template, or change TO the standards of the file you are adding from?

beegee
2005-02-26, 05:27 AM
Using transfer project standards on a template that has been created from an existing template will add the family types, line weights, materials, view templates, and object styles, etc present in the file being "copied" to the templates existing project standards.
Starting with a template based on "None", there will still be a basic range of project standards present, to which the transfered standards will be added.

Existing family types are not overwritten. For example, if the target project includes "Wall Type 18" and you try to import a wall type with the same name, the existing type is not overwritten.
Line weights with the same name are overridden.
Materials with the same name are overridden.

Going back to sultarc's question, does the 'add project standards' tool ADD to the template, or change TO the standards of the file you are adding from?