PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Is this possible in Revit...?

xzibited377538
2013-05-04, 02:35 PM
Hi, just wondering if what I am attempting to do is possible - I've modeled a custom curved wall using the 'model in place' component command - now I want to build a set of stairs that can follow the curve of the wall - Is this at all possible or am I wasting my time?

Thanks in advance.

Dimitri Harvalias
2013-05-04, 04:13 PM
Welcome to the forums.
The short answer is 'probably'. A little more information is required before we can give you a definitive answer.
Can you provide.a screen shot of the situation and a sketch of what you're trying to accomplish?

xzibited377538
2013-05-04, 04:46 PM
Ok thanks - heres an image - the wall is a modeled in place component spline. I just want the stairs to follow the curve of the wall?

Dimitri Harvalias
2013-05-05, 12:55 AM
You won't be able to use a spline as a sketch line in the stair. I would suggest that the wall curve can probably be replicated using a tangent arc. This would allow you to use a regular wall (way easier to manage in the model) as well as have the stair line up exactly with the wall. (Easier to construct as well since you can't actually dimension a spline just provide 'layout' points)
Either way you'll need to edit the sketch of the stair run.
Select the stair, Edit Stairs look on the Tools panel of the ribbon Edit Sketch and draw the boundary for the edge of the run.
If you used the component stairs in 2013 then you'll need to convert the stair to a sketch stair first.

xzibited377538
2013-05-05, 06:55 AM
You're absolutely right - sorry for wasting your time for such a simple resolution. Thanks a lot. :)

dhurtubise
2013-05-06, 08:24 AM
Or you go back to modelling an InPlace stairs ;)